Monday 4 April 2011

And she's off!

New colour: Antique Earth, by Behr (Love!)
I have completed one wall. One coat. This is going to take longer than I thought. However, I should note that I bought an edging contraption that the lady at Home Depot said is a great seller and everyone loves it, but maybe I'm dumb, because every wall I edged with it was a mess. So I have been cutting in by hand, as I hate taping. And if I do say so myself, I'm pretty good!

I started around 4:45, and finished this wall just before 7, so I know I'll be able to finish the last wall, but the second coats might go into the late/early hours. But I have to give the ladder back, so it's do or die.

Here's the lowdown so far:

Number of walls left to cover: 1
Number of coats left: 4 (two on one wall, one each on two walls)
Number of times I got up and down on the ladder: a freakin' million
Number of slip-ups on the edges: about 10
Number of times I got mad at my kids for being annoying: 2
Number of hours they have been watching TV since: 1.5

My trusty iPod, Roxy LaRue, is spewing out pretty good tunes so far.

Song of this round: She Sells Sanctuary, The Cult

Back after the last wall is done.

3:06am:  Not quite done, but calling it a night and I'm running out of paint anyway. I did all the edging, but the last three walls need their final coat. It does look way better in here. So close, but not quite. :(

Besides, when the iPod starts playing Depeche Mode songs a second time after being on shuffle for 11 hours, it's time to end the show.

No comments:

Post a Comment